Health + Safety Protocols
Providing a safe and comfortable trip is our top priority. We include medical insurance on our tours to give you a safety net in an extreme medical emergency. We also take measures to keep everyone safe from COVID-19, but the elimination of risk cannot be guaranteed.
We will handle all arrangements for you in the rare chance of contracting COVID-19 on tour, but you or your insurer will be responsible for costs. It’s a good idea to check your credit card terms or personal insurer to see if unexpected trip cancellations or disruptions are covered. If not, please see our Comprehensive Protection Plan for options.
The following information outlines our COVID-19 Prevention protocols on tour:
- Please follow basic CDC guidelines. Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm or mask.
- All participants must be fully vaccinated. Some destinations require a booster if latest vaccination was more than 270 days ago.
- Masking will be strictly enforced on trains, busses, and other enclosed spaces.
- Seating aboard busses or dining areas will not be rotated for the time being.
- On tour self-testing:
- Guides – We will test daily and report results in group chat each morning.
- Guests – Daily reporting not required. However, in the event of special circumstances or if a guest is observed to have symptoms, we will request testing in order to protect the health of the entire group. If a guest refuses, we reserve the right to ask them to leave the tour.
If a traveler tests positive on tour:
- Each destination is different, so the handling process will be dependent on the health of the traveler, local regulations, and conditions. Supera Tours will immediately set up management team to assess and communicate with the guest. Arrangements will be made to isolate and take care of immediate needs, safety and comfort of the infected traveler and anyone sharing accommodations. Our team will help arrange adjustments to accommodations, transportation, flights, and necessary treatment of a guest’s departure from the tour, return home, medical treatment, or travel onward separate from the group. Negative guests will continue the tour; if positive, they will be treated as above.
- Guests are responsible for expenses incurred during an unplanned departure, including accommodation during isolation, follow-up covid testing, recovery certificate, transportation, and return flight, etc. If a guest has travel insurance, an insurance claim may be filed to help protect against unexpected costs. Please note: in the event you decide to travel onward but separate from the group, our team will discuss available options and fees with you. Fees will be the responsibility of the traveler, but in some exceptional situations, and on a case-by-case basis, we may opt to cover them for you.
(Updated 8/15/2022. Subject to change based on CDC guidelines)
Protection Plan Q + A
Providing you with hassle-free travel is one of our top priorities. All Supera tours packages include the Medical Protection Plan to cover you in the event of a medical emergency during your trip. During the special post-epidemic period, it is strongly recommended that you consider purchasing the Supera tours Comprehensive Protection Plan.
Medical Protection Plan
(Included with Supera Tours)
||Maximum Benefit Limits
- Emergency Medical Expense
Provides reimbursement for medical expenses if you require emergency treatment for a sickness or injury while on your trip.
- Emergency Evacuation
In the event of a sickness or injury during your trip, this benefit provides emergency transportation from the hospital you are first taken to the nearest hospital where appropriate medical treatment can be obtained.
Comprehensive Protection Plan
||Maximum Benefit Limits
|1. Trip Cancellation
||100% of trip cost and air tickets (max $30,000)
|2. Trip Interruption
||150% of trip cost and air tickets (max $45,000)
|3. Travel Delay
||$2,000 (max $200/day)
|4. Missed Connection
|5. Additional Emergency Medical
|6. Additional Emergency Evacuation
|Plan Cost - Without CFAR (Cancel for any reason)
|Trip Cost (US$)
Plan Cost - With CFAR (Cancel for any reason)
*Must be insured for FULL amount of trip cost. *NY & WA Residents Not Eligible.
|Trip Cost (US$)
Provides reimbursement up to the maximum benefit shown on the confirmation, for the cost of your non-refundable tour fee, and airline ticket if you cancel the trip for a covered reason*. Covid-19 is covered as any other sickness.
We will reimburse you, up to the maximum benefit shown on the confirmation of coverage if you or your traveling companion booked to travel with you, are prevented from continuing or resuming your trip due to covered reason*. Covid-19 is covered as any other sickness.
Provides reimbursement up to the Plan maximum for covered additional expenses, if you are delayed for 6 or more hours, while in route to or from your trip due to a defined hazard such as delay of Common Carrier, traffic accident, weather, lost or stolen passports, travel documents or money, Quarantine, hijacking, unannounced Strike, natural disaster, civil commotion or riot.
Provides reimbursement up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, if you miss your cruise or tour departure, scheduled during your trip, that results from cancellation or delay, for three (3) or more hours, of all regularly scheduled airline flights due to Inclement Weather. Coverage is secondary to any compensation provided by a Common Carrier.
Provides reimbursement for emergency medical treatment if sickness or injury occurs while traveling.
In the event of a sickness or injury during your trip, this benefit provides emergency transportation from the hospital you are first taken to the nearest hospital where approporiate medical treatment can be obtained.
* For a complete listing of the benefits. limits, terms and conditions on the Comprehensive Protection Plan, please review your State specific Certificate/Policy of insurance during enrollment.
The plans are underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliated companies including Nationwide Life Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio. There are certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations that apply to all services and coverages. Plan benefits, limits and provisions may vary by state. NSM-0216AO (8/22)
* Refer to the Certificate of Insurance for a list of covered reasons.