Health & Safety
- This tour involves estimated walking for up to 3.5 hours. Not wheelchair accessible.
- Guests must be over 8 years old to join. Travelers must be 16 or older to join our optional ice trek to Grey Glacier on day 11. Guests below the age limit may enjoy one of the excursions arranged by our hotel (must be accompanied by a guardian).
- For your easy reference, below is the altitude for Atacama, Chile in relation to other high-altitude South American cities:
- Travelers may experience altitude sickness in destinations higher than 8,000ft above sea level. Common symptoms include headache, nausea, shortness of breath, fatigue, and lack of appetite. For most travelers, this is manageable through medication, herbal remedies, and breathing exercises. Guests with pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart or lung disease should consult with their doctor before traveling.
Passports & Visas
Passport must be valid at least six months or longer than your date of departure to avoid problems in customs. You must have two or more blank pages in your passport book. Visa fees not included in tour fare. It is recommended to carry a copy of your passport, in case of an emergency.
Marpatag Glacier Cruise Room Upgrades:
- Additional Deluxe Room (12 sq meters): $200 per room
(2 twin beds or 1 king bed)
- Premium Room (19 sq meters): $150 per room
(1 king bed only)
- Grand Suite (23 sq meters): $500 per room
(1 king bed only)
In the spirit of "Travel Happy," we do not believe in hidden fees - no options are sold on-tour.
DOUBLE (1 large bed) rooms are limited. Please let us know if you require a DOUBLE room for the entirety of the tour - we will try our best to accommodate. Otherwise rooms may be TWIN (2 twin beds).
TRIPLE (3 bed) rooms are limited and not guaranteed in all hotels. In most cases, an extra bed will be provided or the third guest may be assigned their own room.
There are 2 hotel room types at The Singular Santiago: The Singular Twin Room (2 bed) and The Singular King Room (1 large bed). The Singular King Rooms are of limited quantity - please inquire availability at time of booking.
It's important that everyone have a great dining experience while traveling with us! If you have a particular meal restriction (i.e. no seafood, lamb, etc), please let us know. We will do our best to make those arrangements, however, some dietary preferences may not be available due to cultural differences.
Porterage service included in hotels and airports where available.
Domestic airlines in Argentina and Chile allow 1pc of checked luggage (up to 50lbs).