Trip Cancellation Covered Reasons
Covered reasons for Trip Cancellation protect you from the most common snags which may impact your travel plans. Please see covered reasons below.
However, many different surprises can happen before a trip or while on the road, so they do not safeguard you from everything. If you feel you may need even more financial protection for any unforeseen situation not listed below, an upgrade to an insurance plan with Cancel for Any Reason may be more suitable.
- Your Sickness, Accidental Injury or death, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise to cancel the Trip on or before the Scheduled Departure Date.
- Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a Family Member, Traveling Companion or Business Partner booked to travel with You, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician that causes Your Trip to be cancelled.
- Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member.
- You or Your Traveling Companion will be attending a Family Member's childbirth provided the pregnancy begins after Your Effective Date and can be verified by medical records.
- After one (1) year of continuous employment at the same company, You or Your Traveling Companion are terminated or laid-off, from full time employment by that company through no fault of Your own.
- Your or Your Traveling Companion's transfer of employment of two hundred fifty (250) mile or more. You or Your Traveling Companion's Primary Residence to be relocated. Provided that You or Your Traveling Companion must have been employed with the transferring employer on You Effective Date. The transfer must require You or Your Travel Companions Home to be relocated.
- Your or Your Traveling Companion's company being made unsuitable for business by fire, flood, burglary, vandalism or other Natural Disaster and You or Your Traveling Companion is responsible for policy and decision making with the company and is directly involved as a member of the disaster recovery team.
- You or Your Traveling Companion being required to work during the Trip. Proof of requirement to work, such as a notarized statement signed by an officer of Your or Your Traveling Companion's employer must be presented. This benefit is not available to independent contractors, temporary employees or self-employed individuals, or if You or Your Traveling Companion are a company owner or partner.
- Your or Your Traveling Companion's company being directly involved in a merger, acquisition, government required product recall or Bankruptcy or Default proceedings. You or Your Traveling Companion must be an active employee of the company and must be directly involved in said event.
- You or Your Traveling Companion have a previously approved military leave revoked or experience a military reassignment.
- You, Your Traveling Companion or Family Member, who are military personnel, are called to emergency duty to provide aid or relief in the event of a Natural Disaster (this does not include war).
- Weather at the departure site that causes complete cessation of services for at least twenty-four (24) consecutive hours of the Common Carrier with whom You or Your Traveling Companion are scheduled to travel and prevents You from reaching Your destination. This benefit will not apply if the Natural Disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this Certificate.
- Natural Disaster at the site of Your destination that renders Your destination accommodations Uninhabitable. This benefit will not apply if the Natural Disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this Certificate.
- Mandatory evacuation (or public official evacuation advisements where there is no mandatory evacuation) issued by local government authorities at Your Trip destination due to hurricane or other Natural Disaster. In order to cancel Your Trip, You must have four (4) days or fifty percent (50%) of Your total Trip length or less remaining on Your Trip at the time the mandatory evacuation ends.
- A Terrorist Incident that occurs in Your departure city or in a city listed on Your Trip itinerary and within thirty (30) days prior to Your Scheduled Departure Date. This same city must not have experienced a Terrorist Incident within the thirty (30) days prior to the Effective Date. Benefits are not provided if the Travel Supplier offers a substitute itinerary.
- A government mandated shut down of air space preventing You or Your Traveling Companion from traveling as scheduled.
- You or Your Traveling Companion are a victim of a felonious assault.
- You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury, or subpoenaed within ten (10) days of departure; having Your Home made Uninhabitable by Natural Disaster; or burglary of Your Home within ten (10) days of departure.
- You or Your Traveling Companion being directly involved in a traffic accident (substantiated by a police report provided by You to the Company) while en route to departure.
- Bankruptcy or Default of an airline, cruise line, or Travel Supplier (other than an organization or firm from whom You purchased Travel Arrangements supplied by others) causing a complete cessation of travel services provided the Bankruptcy or Default occurs more than fourteen (14) days following Your Effective Date. Benefits will be paid due to Bankruptcy or Default of an airline only if no alternate transportation is available. If alternate transportation is available, benefits will be limited to the change fee charged to allow You to transfer to another airline in order to get to Your intended destination. This benefit only applies if Your payment for this Certificate is received within the Time Sensitive Period.
- Mechanical breakdown of Your Common Carrier's aircraft on which You or Your Traveling Companion are scheduled to travel for at least twelve (12) consecutive hours.
- Strike that causes complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier with whom You or Your Traveling Companion are scheduled to travel for at least twelve (12) consecutive hours.