Health + Safety Protocols
Providing a safe and comfortable trip is our top priority. We include medical insurance on our tours to give you a safety net in an extreme medical emergency. We also take measures to keep everyone safe from COVID-19, but the elimination of risk cannot be guaranteed.
We will handle all arrangements for you in the rare chance of contracting COVID-19 on tour, but you or your insurer will be responsible for costs. It’s a good idea to check your credit card terms or personal insurer to see if unexpected trip cancellations or disruptions are covered. If not, please see our Comprehensive Protection Plan for options.
The following information outlines our COVID-19 Prevention protocols on tour:
- Please follow basic CDC guidelines. Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm or mask.
- All participants must be fully vaccinated. Some destinations require a booster if latest vaccination was more than 270 days ago.
- Masking will be strictly enforced on trains, busses, and other enclosed spaces.
- Seating aboard busses or dining areas will not be rotated for the time being.
- On tour self-testing:
- Guides – We will test daily and report results in group chat each morning.
- Guests – Daily reporting not required. However, in the event of special circumstances or if a guest is observed to have symptoms, we will request testing in order to protect the health of the entire group. If a guest refuses, we reserve the right to ask them to leave the tour.
If a traveler tests positive on tour:
- Each destination is different, so the handling process will be dependent on the health of the traveler, local regulations, and conditions. Supera Tours will immediately set up management team to assess and communicate with the guest. Arrangements will be made to isolate and take care of immediate needs, safety and comfort of the infected traveler and anyone sharing accommodations. Our team will help arrange adjustments to accommodations, transportation, flights, and necessary treatment of a guest’s departure from the tour, return home, medical treatment, or travel onward separate from the group. Negative guests will continue the tour; if positive, they will be treated as above.
- Guests are responsible for expenses incurred during an unplanned departure, including accommodation during isolation, follow-up covid testing, recovery certificate, transportation, and return flight, etc. If a guest has travel insurance, an insurance claim may be filed to help protect against unexpected costs. Please note: in the event you decide to travel onward but separate from the group, our team will discuss available options and fees with you. Fees will be the responsibility of the traveler, but in some exceptional situations, and on a case-by-case basis, we may opt to cover them for you.
(Updated 8/15/2022. Subject to change based on CDC guidelines)